ProductsServer Desktop & Workstation Developer Subscriptions Satellite OpenStack Platform For IBM POWER For SAP Business Applications Management For Scientific ComputingExtended Update Support High Availability High Performance Network Load Balancer Resilient Storage Scalable File System Smart Management Extended Lifecycle SupportA-MQ Accelerate Automate Integrate Application Platform BPM Suite BRMS JBoss community or Red Hat JBoss Middleware Data Grid Data Virtualization Developer Studio Portfolio Edition Fuse Fuse Service Works Operations Network Portal Web Framework Kit Web Server
SolutionsWhy Red Hat Why open hybrid cloud? The new IT Public cloud Cloud resource library Private cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) Cloud applications and workloadsSolaris to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration overview Migrate from your UNIX platform How to migrate to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Upgrade to the latest Red Hat Enterprise Linux release Red Hat JBoss Middleware Benefits of migrating to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration services Start a conversation with Red Hat
TrainingPopular and new courses Red Hat JBoss Administration curriculum Core System Administration curriculum Red Hat JBoss Middleware development curriculum Advanced System Administration curriculum Linux Development curriculum Cloud Computing, Virtualization, and Storage curriculum
ConsultingSOA and integration Business process management Custom Software Development Enterprise Data and Storage Systems management Migrations
Where’s Red Hat This October?
October 2, 2008
by Events Team
The 2008 Red Hat Government Users and Developers Conference (RHGUDC) will be held on October 7 at the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center in Washington, D.C. The event will showcase innovations and trends in open source technology as it brings together engineers, architects and business decision-makers from federal, state and local government agencies. Attendees will learn about Red Hat’s latest moves in the industry and discuss what’s coming next in virtualization, service oriented architecture, data services and security. This forum will provide an opportunity to receive advice from partners and colleagues, including the United States Marine Corps, on how to build solutions based on open source.
DeLisa Alexander, senior vice president, People + Brand at Red Hat, will be speaking on the “Leadership During Times of High Growth” panel at the Fortune: The Most Powerful Women Conference, held in California from October 1-2, 2008. Now in its tenth year, the event will bring together talented female leaders across many industries to exchange ideas and facilitate conversations about leadership and growth in today’s marketplace.
Paul Cormier, executive vice president and president, Products & Technologies at Red Hat, is scheduled to speak at the Linux Foundation End User Summit, which takes place October 13-14, 2008 in New York City. This is the first event of its kind to bring together high-performance end users with the highest-level Linux community developers.
Red Hat is the presenting sponsor of the 2008 North Carolina Law Review Symposium to be held Oct. 24, 2008 at the UNC School of Law in Chapel Hill, NC. The Symposium will showcase the remarkable diversity of recent quantitative research on the patent system, and the potential for even broader and deeper interdisciplinary engagement on questions of innovation law and policy. Nationally recognized scholars in law, business and economics will be joined by leading research scientists who have brought distinctive data sets, analytical methodologies, and stakeholder perspectives to their own examinations of the patent system. Red Hat’s sponsorship of this Symposium underscores its continuing commitment to reform of the patent system and support of open source innovation.
Red Hat will also be on the road again this October with the 2008 Red Hat Road Tour. This month you can find Red Hat in Chicago, New York, St. Louis, Orange County, Phoenix, Denver, Tampa and Miami. See if Red Hat is coming to you this fall. For more information on the 2008 Red Hat Road Tour dates and cities, click here.
Here are all of the North American events where Red Hat will be present this month:
- October 1, 2008 Red Hat Road Tour, Chicago, IL
- October 7, 2008 Red Hat Government Users and Developers Conference, Washington, DC
- October 8, 2008 Red Hat Road Tour, New York City, NY
- October 9, 2008 Red Hat Road Tour, St. Louis, MO
- October 10, 2008 Duke TechExpo, Durham, NC
- October 12-16, 2008 Garter IT Symposium, Orlando, FL
- October 13-17, 2008 IBM System z, Las Vegas, NV
- October 14, 2008 Red Hat Road Tour, Seattle, WA
- October 16, 2008 Red Hat Road Tour, Orange County, CA
- October 21, 2008 Red Hat Road Tour, Phoenix, AZ
- October 23, 2008 Red Hat Road Tour, Denver, CO
- October 23, 2008 CIO Forum & Executive IT Summit, Washington, DC
- October 27-30, 2008 GEOINT 2008 Symposium, Nashville, TN
- October 28-30, 2008 EclipseWorld, Reston, VA
- October 29, 2008 Red Hat Road Tour, Miami, FL
- October 30, 2008 Red Hat Road Tour, Tampa, FL
For more information on North American events, visit here.
- October 1, 2008 ATIX IT Solution Day: Linux Cluster-Technologies, Munich, Germany
- October 12-14, 2008 SOCITM Annual Conference, Newport, UK
- Oct 16, 2008 Alfresco European Community Conference, Munich, Germany
- October 27-29, 2008 2nd European IBM/GSE Conference 2008 for z/VSE, z/VM and Linux on System z, Leipzig, Germany
To see more upcoming Red Hat EMEA events, click here.
For information on Red Hat’s APAC events, visit here.
For information on Red Hat’s events in Latin America, visit here.
Interested in speaking to Red Hat at or about one of these events? Email email@example.com