ProductsDesktop Server Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform For IBM POWER For IBM System z For SAP Business Applications Red Hat Satellite Management For Scientific ComputingExtended Update Support High Availability High Performance Network Load Balancer Resilient Storage Scalable File System Smart Management Extended Lifecycle SupportAccelerate Automate Integrate Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio Portfolio Edition Web Framework Kit Application Platform Web Server Data Grid Portal Fuse Red Hat JBoss A-MQ SOA Platform BRMS Data Services Platform JBoss Operations Network JBoss Community or JBoss enterprise
SolutionsWhy Red Hat Why open hybrid cloud? The new IT Public cloud Cloud resource library Private cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) Cloud applications and workloadsSolaris to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration overview Migrate from your UNIX platform How to migrate to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Upgrade to the latest Red Hat Enterprise Linux release JBoss Enterprise Middleware Benefits of migrating to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration services Start a conversation with Red Hat
TrainingClassroom training Red Hat Online Learning Virtual training Remote classroom training On-site team training Online Learning LabsPopular and new courses Red Hat JBoss Administration curriculum Core System Administration curriculum Red Hat JBoss Middleware Development curriculum Advanced System Administration curriculum Linux Development curriculum Cloud Computing, Virtualization, and Storage curriculum
ConsultingSOA and integration Business process management Cloud and Virtualization Custom Software Development Enterprise Data and Storage Systems management Migrations
JUDCon:2011 London – Call for Papers extended!
August 26, 2011
By Mark Little, senior director of engineering in the middleware business, Red Hat
JUDCon, the JBoss® Users and Developer Conference and premier JBoss Developer Event, “By Developers, For Developers,” is pleased to announce that the call for papers for JUDCon:2011 London (October 31 - November 1) has been extended until September 5, 2011!
Submissions are being accepted for the following tracks:
- JBoss Application Server 7
- Business Rules, Workflow, SOA and Enterprise Application Integration
- Cool Stuff (e.g., if your idea extends beyond the other tracks)
- Speaking Session (60 minutes) – Speaking Session will be single-topic technical sessions with a suggested time breakout of approximately 50 minutes for the presentation and 10 minutes for Q and A.
- Lightning talks (3 to 5 minutes) – Another option is lightning talks, brief talks held after dinner the evening of October 31 that are primarily designed to be a launching pad into hacking, contributing or other focused technical discussions. Lightning talks can be proposed at the event, so come prepared with ideas.
What to submit:
Speaking Session submissions should include:
- Track of your talk.
- Title of your talk (maximum of 100 characters).
- A 100-word (maximum) description of the presentation.
- A 1,500-word (maximum) detailed outline of the presentation.
- Your name and a brief biography.
- Names and bios of any co-presenters.
How to submit:
- Submit your Speaking Session proposals for JUDCon:2011 London via this online form. Please be sure to include all the required content; leaving out details could result in your submission not being selected!
- All submissions must be delivered no later than September 5, 2011.
If your Speaking Session proposal is accepted, you will be notified by September 12, 2011, and the schedule will be posted at www.jboss.org. If selected, you will need to send us your complete presentation, in PDF format only, by October 11, 2011.
If you have any questions about the process or your proposal, please send an email to http://email@example.com with the subject line “JUDCON QUESTION.” To view the agenda for previous JUDCons, including JUDCon 2010 archives, visit http://www.jboss.org/events/JUDCon/2010.html.
Summary of important dates:
- September 5, 2011 -- Call for Papers for Speaking Sessions ends
- September 12, 2011 -- Selected speakers will be notified and sessions will be posted on http://www.jboss.org
- October 11, 2011 -- Presentations, in PDF format only, are due to JUDCon organizers
- October 31 – November 1 -- JUDCon:2011 London takes place. Event is co-located with JAX London 2011
We wish you the best of luck with your proposal!