ProductsServer Desktop & Workstation Developer Subscriptions Satellite OpenStack Platform For IBM POWER For SAP Business Applications Management For Scientific ComputingExtended Update Support High Availability High Performance Network Load Balancer Resilient Storage Scalable File System Smart Management Extended Lifecycle SupportA-MQ Accelerate Automate Integrate Application Platform BPM Suite BRMS JBoss community or Red Hat JBoss Middleware Data Grid Data Virtualization Developer Studio Portfolio Edition Fuse Fuse Service Works Operations Network Portal Web Framework Kit Web Server
SolutionsWhy Red Hat Why open hybrid cloud? The new IT Public cloud Cloud resource library Private cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) Cloud applications and workloadsSolaris to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration overview Migrate from your UNIX platform How to migrate to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Upgrade to the latest Red Hat Enterprise Linux release Red Hat JBoss Middleware Benefits of migrating to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration services Start a conversation with Red Hat
TrainingPopular and new courses Red Hat JBoss Administration curriculum Core System Administration curriculum Red Hat JBoss Middleware development curriculum Advanced System Administration curriculum Linux Development curriculum Cloud Computing, Virtualization, and Storage curriculum
ConsultingSOA and integration Business process management Cloud and virtualization Custom Software Development Enterprise Data and Storage Systems management Migrations
Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization 3.3 Beta Launches with Advanced Cloud Computing and Storage Integration Features
October 22, 2013
Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Team
Today, we are pleased to announce the beta availability of Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization 3.3, a comprehensive datacenter virtualization solution for servers and desktops,supporting Red Hat’s vision of empowering organizations on their journey from traditional datacenter virtualization to cloud computing. Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization, along with Red Hat CloudForms and Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform are the pillars of Red Hat Cloud Infrastructure, an Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) offering we introduced in June 2013. Red Hat Cloud Infrastructure enables organizations to commoditize and lower virtualization costs, reduce silos, and standardize on the common underlying services and management technologies for traditional workloads while providing an on-ramp to high-level cloud functionality based on OpenStack.
The beta of Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization 3.3 includes several features that support this journey, including:
- OpenStack Network Service (Neutron) integration enables advanced networking capabilities for consumption by hosts and/or virtual machines;
- OpenStack Image Service (Glance) integration which provides a library of images and instances that can be used by Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization and OpenStack, thus providing a common set of building blocks;
- Dynamic workload balancing, a pluggable feature allowing users to write their own workload balancing scripts for specific and unique setups that require customization;
- Deeper integration and support for Red Hat Storage, incorporating Gluster 2.5 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.5 to enhance performance;
- A new SLA manager for network compute CPU memory, providing VM quality of service;
- New pluggable scheduler for initial placement scheduling, allowing customers to build in rules and policies or overwrite with their own compliance rules; and
- Self-hosted Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Manager engine, providing high availability and hardware consolidation.
Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization 3.3 frees administrators from complicated and manual tasks, and enables them to automate while leveraging a platform that is better performing and a better value than a proprietary virtualization platform.. Furthermore, Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization 3.3 enables users to simultaneously standardize their storage, infrastructure, and networking services on OpenStack while utilizing existing skills to maximize their investments.
Red Hat Cloud Infrastructure is the path to the data center of the future and readies organizations for next generation-elastic workloads. To learn how you can reduce the cost of virtualization, enhance performance, and easily manage underlying dependencies, and to download a fully supported trial of Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization 3.2, visit www.redhat.com/rhev3.
The Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization 3.3 beta is available immediately to existing Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization customers.
Learn more about Red Hat Cloud Infrastructure here.
The OpenStack™ Word Mark and OpenStack Logo are either registered trademarks / service marks or trademarks / service marks of the OpenStack Foundation, in the United States and other countries and are used with the OpenStack Foundation's permission. We are not affiliated with, endorsed or sponsored by the OpenStack Foundation or the OpenStack community.