ProductsDesktop Server Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform For IBM POWER For IBM System z For SAP Business Applications Satellite Management For Scientific ComputingExtended Update Support High Availability High Performance Network Load Balancer Resilient Storage Scalable File System Smart Management Extended Lifecycle SupportAccelerate Automate Integrate Red Hat JBoss BPM Suite Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio Portfolio Edition Web Framework Kit Application Platform Web Server Data Grid Portal Fuse Red Hat JBoss A-MQ BRMS Red Hat JBoss Fuse Service Works JBoss Operations Network JBoss Community or JBoss enterprise Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization
SolutionsWhy Red Hat Why open hybrid cloud? The new IT Public cloud Cloud resource library Private cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) Cloud applications and workloadsSolaris to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration overview Migrate from your UNIX platform How to migrate to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Upgrade to the latest Red Hat Enterprise Linux release JBoss Enterprise Middleware Benefits of migrating to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration services Start a conversation with Red Hat
TrainingPopular and new courses Red Hat JBoss Administration curriculum Core System Administration curriculum Red Hat JBoss Middleware Development curriculum Advanced System Administration curriculum Linux Development curriculum Cloud Computing, Virtualization, and Storage curriculum
ConsultingSOA and integration Business process management Cloud and virtualization Custom Software Development Enterprise Data and Storage Systems management Migrations
Runtime Partners Now Enabled Through Red Hat Partner Community
RalieghUnited States, October 13, 2004
New Embedded market program will certify manufacturers of hardware appliances, Telecommunication equipment, specialized workstations and applications integrated with Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
Red Hat, Inc. (Nasdaq:RHAT), the world's leading provider of open source solutions to the enterprise, today announced the worldwide availability of the Red Hat Runtime Partner Program as part of the Red Hat Partner Community. The Red Hat Partner Community is designed to encourage the combination of open source and traditional technologies into the fabric of enterprise computing to provide technology solutions that give customers more choice.
"We are pleased to make the Red Hat Runtime Program available to enable a wider range of the overall computing market to utilize Red Hat Enterprise Linux technologies. Industry suppliers of hardware, software and integrated solutions now have more freedom to utilize standards-based, open software." said Mike Evans, vice president of Partner Development at Red Hat. "A standards-based infrastructure is one that is more secure, manageable and scalable"
The Red Hat Runtime Partner Program now offers companies the option to use Red Hat Enterprise Linux to replace proprietary embedded solutions as well as many internally developed operating systems. This program enables companies to leverage Red Hat Enterprise Linux as the foundation for integrated technology solutions. Runtime Partners are backed by Red Hat technology, services and maintenance.
Types of solutions include hardware appliances, Network Servers, Telecommunication equipment, storage networks, video editing consoles, point-of-sale systems (POS), medical imaging workstations and integrated software applications. Partners have the flexibility to customize the varied levels of support required from Red Hat based on their end customer needs. Early adopters of the Red Hat Runtime program include: Discreet Systems, Glenayre and Storage Computer Corporation.
"GridApp Systems leverages open source solutions to consolidate databases onto a flexible, self-optimizing platform." stated Robert Gardos, CEO at Gridapp. "As the world's leading provider of open source, enterprise-grade solutions, Red Hat provides us with a solid technology foundation to deliver world class performance and availability to our customers' mission critical environments."
"Storage Computer has increasingly leveraged the substantial value of Red Hat Enterprise Linux to drive our storage management software solutions over the past couple of years,Ã¢Â¬ï¿½ said Sean Murphy, vice president of Product Development at Storage Computer Corporatation. Ã¢Â¬SPartnering through the Red Hat Runtime program ushers SCC into the storage-support-rich Red Hat Enterprise Linux future, along with the level of technical and marketing support required to reduce the time-to-market for our COTS based high-performance iSCSI, NAS and SAN storage software solutions going forward."
To support customer choice, Red Hat currently offers an array of other partner programs including:
- Global Distributor Partners: Red Hat's strong network of global distributors allows Red Hat Enterprise technologies to be procured in all regions of the world.
- Hardware OEM Partners: Red Hat has close relationships with industry leading system vendors, including Dell, Fujitsu, Hitachi, HP, IBM and NEC. And now, Red Hat has introduced new programs for all sizes of hardware vendors that want to bundle Red Hat Enterprise Linux with hardware.
- Hardware Certification: Red Hat's hardware certification program is ideal for hardware vendors (servers, workstations, desktops, laptops or peripherals) who want the assurance of having their hardware "Red Hat Certifie"
- Software Partners: Over 300 independent software vendors, including BEA, IBM, Oracle, PeopleSoft and VERITAS, have certified more than 1000 applications for Red Hat Enterprise Linux through Red Hat's comprehensive software partner programs.
- Developers: The Red Hat Developer Connection provides technology and information to community and commercial developers that are building software applications to run on Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Training Partners: Red Hat's award-winning training curriculum is available through Red Hat Global Learning Services partners, such as Dell, Global Knowledge, IBM Global Services, Product Point, Sun and Sybase.
- Hosting Partners: Enabling another flexible option for customers to access Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Red Hat has developed a Hosting Partner Program with key early partners such as EV1, Planet Internet, and Rackspace.
- Business Partners: Working with leading OEM partners, Red Hat is rolling out innovative business partner programs to support key resellers that have demonstrated Linux expertise.
About Red Hat, Inc.
Red Hat, the world's leading open source and Linux provider, is headquartered in Raleigh, NC with satellite offices spanning the globe. Red Hat is leading Linux and open source solutions into the mainstream by making high quality, low cost technology accessible. Red Hat provides operating system software along with middleware, applications and management solutions. Red Hat also offers support, training and consulting services to its customers worldwide and through top-tier partnerships. Red Hat's open source strategy offers customers a long term plan for building infrastructures that are based on and leverage open source technologies with focus on security and ease of management. Learn more: http://www.redhat.com
Forward-looking statements in this press release are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Investors are cautioned that statements in this press release that are not strictly historical statements, including, without limitation, management's plans and objectives for future operations, and management's assessment of market factors, constitute forward-looking statements which involve risks and uncertainties. These risks and uncertainties include, without limitation, reliance upon strategic relationships, management of growth, the possibility of undetected software errors, the risks of economic downturns generally, and in Red Hat's industry specifically, the risks associated with competition and competitive pricing pressures, the viability of the Internet, and other risks detailed in Red Hat's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which may be accessed through the SEC's Web site at http://www.sec.gov.
LINUX is a trademark of Linus Torvalds. RED HAT is a registered trademark of Red Hat, Inc. All other names and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.