crash - language settings for rebuilding anaconda-9.0?

Hi,
anaconda crashes after I rebuilt it from the sources. It crashes
just before the supported language panel with a traceback about
maximum recursion depth exceedance in getLangNameByNick in
language.py. I've looked in the source, try to unset/set to C the
LANG and RUNTIMELANG which look to be used as defaults. Has anybody
fixed this? What are the setting that allow for a complete list of
locales?

Thanks a lot.
--
Phil