Re: custom lilo splash screen

Alexander Rau wrote:

Where would I look to replace the redhat lilo splash screen with my own?

Its not actually lilo - its grub.

you need to change the splash.xpm.gz file which is in the grub source rpm (it gets installed to /boot/grub/splash.xpm.gz)

to modify it - take the original and open it with gimp ...
make any changes you want but keep it the same size ...
keep in mind that you are only limited to 14 colors (thats what i read anyway) ...
when you think you are happy with it - do
Image -> Mode -> Indexed -> and save it with only 14 colors
you will probably be disappointed with the 14 color version so go at it again :-)
save it as splash.xpm.gz, rebuild the grub rpm with the new image and away you go!

good luck!