RFC: Don't label filesystems

This is a somewhat crazy thought, but rather than continuing down the
path of "what's the best label to use for a filesystem", what if we
instead just stopped labeling them altogether?  We're going to use UUID
for mounting anyway at which point we have our unique identifier.  And
then we could get rid of a fair bit of really grotty code.

Other opinions?

Jeremy