Re: We need to start thinking about writing kernel cmdline options to grub.conf for dracut

On Tuesday, June 30 2009, Hans de Goede said:
> When we switch to dracut we will need to specify certain kernel
> commandline options to dracut. For example when / is on iscsi
> dracut will need information for configuring the nic and
> about the iscsi target present on the kernel cmdline.

How are we going to have password type information?  /proc/cmdline is
readable by anyone, so we don't necessarily want them there :)

> The easiest way to handle this would be to add a new
> attribute to all devices which returns a list of kernel
> cmdline options to add to bring up that device (which will be
> empty in most cases).

Maybe instead of having it be empty in most cases, it should even be
responsible for root= ?  Then it'd get tested all the time :-)

Jeremy