list-harddrives lists partitions, too

As of commit 86b2508 (2009-08-03, No longer use HAL in list-harddrives), the list-harddrives stub lists partitions, as well as devices themselves.  I'm curious -- what was the rationale for this change?  I just stumbled across the new functionality in RHEL6's Anaconda (where it broke my standard kickstart file) and it seems a bit odd, given the command's name.

--
Ian Ward Comfort <icomfort stanford edu>
Systems Team Lead, Academic Computing Services, Stanford University