f16-alpha-branch is now open

I should have created f16-alpha-branch several days ago, but oh well.
It's there now and it's based upon the anaconda-16.14-1 tag.  I then
cherry-picked every later patch from master that references a bug.

>From now until F16 alpha goes out, I'll be cherry-picking over
individual commits that deal with blockers.  Please don't commit
anything to it yourself.  I expect this to be a fairly short lived
branch.