Re: Anaconda UX redesign / status update

On Mon, 2011-06-13 at 11:15 -0400, Mike Khusid wrote:
> On 06/10/2011 02:06 PM, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> >
> > 2 HIGH-LEVEL UI PLAN
> > ====================
> >
> > Secondly, the approach we're looking at is to swap Anaconda's current
> > wizard-style, linear screen-by-screen interface with a hub-and-spoke
> > model. (a lot of mobile devices have hub and spoke style settings
> > interfaces, more info on the model at [4]).
> >
> > Here is the latest hub-and-spoke mockup - consider the storage portion
> > pretty much not started yet:
> >
> > http://linuxgrrl.com/fedora-ux/Projects/Anaconda/Prototypes/hubandspoke-preview8.png
> >
> > The kind of feedback that would be helpful, looking at this mockup:
> >
> > - Do you think the hub&  spoke model could work?
> >
> Does the hub & spoke model automatically double the number of clicks
> (e.g. save changes/click to move to the next step)?

In many cases it will reduce the number of clicks since users don't have
to click through every screen if they are accepting the defaults. An
all-default install would only require specification of repos and name
as opposed to the current process of clicking through at least five (?)
screens.

Dave