Re: [rhel6-branch 5/5] Implement an option that lets anaconda name mpath devices by the wwid.

On 06/20/2011 10:17 PM, Chris Lumens wrote:
I really dislike adding a UI element to specify the naming scheme you
use for multipath names.  We should either be using the "friendly" names
always or the stable names always.

- Chris

I can imagine people opening bugs that their 'mpatha' device is missing (we could explain that) or that they want the original naming back---what to do then? It is like /dev/sda is suddenly called /dev/<numbers>.

So I did what I thought that was the best thing to do given it's a minor RHEL release. Maybe we can change the default on master and see the reactions (but note that nobody is testing multipath on master and I haven't seen a multipath bug in Fedora for a long time).

Ales