Re: [rhel6-branch 1/2] 'part' command checks if media is present.

On 06/20/2011 05:39 PM, Chris Lumens wrote:

Well, we shouldn't even allow installations onto these sorts of devices
anyway.  I'd suggest some sort of check if disk is an OpticalDevice, or
disk.format is read-only, or something along those lines followed by an
error message like "Cannot install to read-only media".

Thanks for catching this, the current patch will allow sr0 with a media in it to be used in 'part'. I don't think that device.format is of much help here --- if no media is present I think the format will be just 'DeviceFormat' which is perfectly OK for partitioning (same as empty device). I suggest testing the device for both .isDisk and .mediaPresent, just like storage.disks() (used by clearpart gui for instance) does.

Ales