Re: anaconda and lorax

On 03/03/2011 08:46 AM, Martin Gracik wrote:
Hi,

I would like to make lorax more generic and independent on the anaconda
package, so I was thinking if it would be a good idea to move the stuff
we have in /usr/share/anaconda/boot, things like yaboot.conf.in for
example (and also maybe some other stuff) to lorax?

Hi,

I think that even a nicer arrangement would be having an extra package to do the builds. So the responsibilities are:

anaconda -- just the installer
lorax -- the generic tool for building bootable images
the new package (e.g. anaconda-compose) -- set of templates as an input for lorax that produce the final image.

Ales