Re: anaconda and lorax

Chris Lumens <clumens redhat com> wrote:

> > I think that even a nicer arrangement would be having an extra
> > package to do the builds. So the responsibilities are:
> >
> > anaconda -- just the installer
> > lorax -- the generic tool for building bootable images
> > the new package (e.g. anaconda-compose) -- set of templates as an
> > input for lorax that produce the final image.
>
> This reminds me an awful lot of the anaconda-images or anaconda-runtime
> packages we used to have.  I guess everything old is new again.

It does, but I think it makes sense to have the templates in their own
package so we don't have to rebuild lorax when the image needs to change.

But making anaconda-compose or a similar package doesn't seem right.  Any
reason these cannot become part of fedora-release?  Or another package
that already exists and contains distribution-specific configuration
files?

--
David Cantrell <dcantrell redhat com>
Supervisor, Installer Engineering Team