Re: QA Hackfest at FUDCon Blacksburg 2012

On 11/15/2011 05:17 PM, Sandro "red" Mathys wrote:
Greetings, Gods of Anaconda-Land!

The pre-registration list for FUDCon Blacksburg 2012 [1] suggests lots
of Anaconda folks, a couple of QA folks and a lot of people who would
like to become or support either will be there and want to participate
in some useful work (a.k.a. get some pretty shit done). Not to say
that I ever looked at that list, really.

Anyway, at some point, a couple of days or weeks ago (who can keep
count anyway, there's so many of them in such a short period of time!)
someone came up with _the_ brilliant idea: let's have a Anaconda QA
hackfest during FUDCon! And maybe even eat some hot dogs while we do!

So plan's to figure out how we can coordinate QA work for Anaconda
better in the (near) future, how and what parts we can test early (the
rewrite will likely make us want more QA/bugfixing time, and so do
other F17 features), what we should pay special attention to, and much
more! If time and progress allows we could also already get started
with testing and if QA folks' talk starts to bore you, you can always
ignore us and hack on Anaconda...

So, what do you guys think? Good idea? Bad idea? How much time should
we plan? Right now we figured half a day (~4h) would be nice. What
works best for you folks, Fri/Sat/Sun Morning/Afternoon? What other
important things should get done?

Although I'm not an anaconda developer I'm a test automation developer and will be attending FUDCon 2012 to talk precisely about Fedora test automation, so I'd be interested in joining such a hackfest.

Cheers,

Lucas