Re: newui python-meh

On Tue, 2012-07-10 at 10:17 -0400, Chris Lumens wrote:
> > > (1) Can you make it a little bit bigger to begin with, so the traceback
> > > doesn't look so squashed?
> > You mean even in the non-expanded state? Or should the window grow even
> > bigger when the "More info" gets expanded? The latter seems funny,
> > because being still centered, the window moves a lot when expanding and
> > you end up with mouse pointer in different part of the window. [1] But
> > maybe that's ok.
>
> Yeah, I see what you mean there.  It is a little funny.
>
> I was thinking when the expander gets expanded.  I thought it was a
> little awkward to have such a small area for displaying the traceback,
> though.  I wonder if it's possible to increase the expanded size without
> also moving the dialog around.
That only needs one simple change in the glade file -- change the main
windows position from "Always Center" to "Center". However, I suppose
the "GDK_WINDOW_SET_POSITION = WIN_POS_CENTER_ALWAYS" below the mockup
window [1] applies to this behaviour.

Preview with the change applied:
http://vpodzime.fedorapeople.org/python-meh_expanding_non-center.ogg

[1]