Re: UI status braindump, part I

On Thu, 2012-07-12 at 14:48 -0400, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> #2) CHOOSE DISKS BEFORE HUB #1
> ==============================
>
> http://linuxgrrl.com/fedora-ux/Projects/Anaconda/Flows/full-flow_26sep2011.png
>
> I know we came up with the "Choose Disks" flow in there to limit the
> number of disks selectable later on in the UI to 10 or less because of a
> discussion we had in Westford some months back. I don't remember all the
> particulars (eek) so I wonder if we still need it? If so we need to mock
> it up.

We still need this. Disk filtering is now part of the main storage
flow/loop (ie: the storage spoke), as opposed to out in front like it
was before. There's so much information [1] we need from the storage
subsystem to display the storage spoke that we need a full devicetree to
drive the spoke. This means that we populate the devicetree before
device filtering happens. If the user has enough disks it could be quite
slow getting the storage spoke ready initially, so we decided that at
some arbitrary cutoff point we would force disk selection before
populating the devicetree.

Dave