Feature request: ipmi

Hi List,

I have a feature request for https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Anaconda/Features : ipmi functionality.

An immediate feature would be the ability to include freeipmi-bmc-watchdog. This would allow administrators to use the service processor/bmc to detect/report a stuck install.

Future use would be to have anaconda run ipmi commands to log install status: start, step completed, success, failure. Therefore having the service processor aware of the install status.

I assume this is accomplished by including the ipmi driver and ipmitool/freeipmi packages in the stage 2 image. I am in the process of familiarizing myself with the wiki:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Anaconda/SourceOverview
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Anaconda/Stage2DevelopmentGuide

Thanks,
Jeff Mendoza