Hot Reconfiguration of dmraid Arrays

Christof Klaiber christof.klaiber at klaiber-soft.de
Tue Oct 17 05:18:54 UTC 2006

Hi everybody,

I'm new to this list, so please excuse that I cannot put the reference
correctly. I read a posting of Darrick J. Wong dated from 08 March 2006
where he is talking about implementing a method of hot array
reconfiguration support. Tihis includes adding spares to an array,
replace failed drives, modify arrays, but I'm also interested in hot
syncing the dmraid.

Since I'm working on a project trying to find out about the
possibilities of the dmraid aproach to RAID, I'd really be interested
in what the status of this is upto now.

Thanks in advance for replying,
   Christof