New isw data offset?

Luke Yelavich luke.yelavich at canonical.com
Tue May 5 12:45:48 UTC 2009

I have recently received a bug report about a possible new ISW offset for disk metadata. The reporter attached a patch that he is using to use dmraid temporarily. Yes its hard coded, but it works for him atm, and it has the location of the metadata in it.

He is using a pair of 1TB drives in RAID level 1. The offset is in exactly the same location on both drives, so I am not 100% sure its a host protected area issue, but this hasn't been confirmed either way yet.

Attached is the patch, and the metadata dump.

Luke