Re: rh 5.1 & a working gcc

Quoting Stefan Schroepfer (scr@iis.fhg.de):
> Hmmm, I wonder how one could compile EGCS 1.0.3a having
> removed all egcs and gcc RPMS ...
>
> Seriously: what is the most recommended compiler to build
>            egcs 1.0.3a and snapshot versions?

Remember that egcs builds are a three stage process.  First it builds itself
with the default compiler.  Then it uses itself to built itself with itself.
And then it does it again (I'm not sure why - maybe it's fully optimized that
last time only?).  So it doesn't matter what compiler you start with, you'll
end up with an egcs compiler that was built with an egcs compiler!

--
Paul Tomblin, ptomblin@xcski.com.
"An appointment is an engagement to see someone, while a morningstar is a