Re: Not so for me (was Re: 2.1.115 sucess!)

On Fri, Aug 14, 1998 at 12:01:32PM -0400, Christopher C Chimelis wrote:
> It's a strange situation.  If you choose not to see the experimental stuff
> during a make config, it will automatically enable the FP stuff.  If you
> disable it, the kernel doesn't compile.  It appears to be needed, although
> I don't know why....it's caused problems here and there and needs more
> work before making such an integral part of the kernel.

Ha ha.  No, actually, the only reason it is a config option at all,
is so that you can build it as a module.  Which you would only do
if you were planning on hacking the software completion support.

I promise you that you are misattributing the cause of whatever
problem you were having.

r~