XFree 3.3.2 and also kernel 2.1.89

Hi,
  Has anyone got XFree 3.3.2 Xservers going on RedHat 5.0? They seem to be
linked to an ld.so.1 and be using .6 libraries; on my RedHat 5.0 system
there is an ld.so.2 and the libraries are 6.1.

Does this indicate the new binaries are built for RH 4.2???
(This is just trying the new SVGA server for my matrox card)

Also has anyone tried 2.1.89? I get a signal 6 when building pci.c using
 EGCS or complaints about not being able to specify the text area/region
(something like that) in local variables when using gcc - it seems to be
initialisers of static arrays.

Dave
/ Dr. David Alan Gilbert      | Running Linux on Alpha & ARM         \
\   gro.gilbert @ treblig.org | ------- Happy in hex -------         /