From:  Uncle George[SMTP:gatgul@voicenet.com]
Sent:  28 March 1998 19:44
To:  axp-list@redhat.com
Subject:  Re: cheapest SX System i ever have seen

i'd be interested in the articles ( if u remem )
but like anything on the scsi bus, xfer's to/from the device is at the speed of
the device. I think my tape drive goes at 4.x megabytes/sec. Therefor the 2k
block xfer would take 4 times longer on that tape drive than from a disk drive.
there is really nothin u kan do about this ( everyone else has to wait )
gat