DU Netscape strangeness

I'm up and running with 4.5 on an AS200.  It's fast, and under normal
circumstances, well behaved.  However, if I try to do a "Send Link",
it starts chewing up cpu, and memory usage goes bonkers.  The first
time I nuked it, the resident size was around 135M!  Since then, I
haven't let it get so out of hand.  strace shows it possibly
spinning on a gettimeofday call, with a return of EILSEQ.  The same
thing happens with a "Send Page", and it doesn't matter if I try to
send it to myself @localhost.  The box is 2.2.0, 80M ram, 160M swap.
Has anyone else seen this?  ...or more to the point, does anyone have
a fix?
TIA,
-ls-