Re: IDE drive on Multia?

On Fri, 2 Jul 1999, Champigny, Michael wrote:

> I noticed that the Multia has an IDE connector below the floppy drive.
> I am wondering if anyone has installed one while also having an internal
> H/D installed. Is that too much on the power supply?
>
> Does anyone have both an IDE and a SCSI internal drive installed and
> if so is there anything I should know before attempting this? :-)

My Multia has a 2.2g IDE drive and the stock 340M SCSI drive, and it is
working fine. This machine is also sitting in a room with no air
conditioning during a hot and humid spell in my area of NY, and its
working just fine.

YMMV, and when you hook up the IDE drive, triple check your pin
connections.. 2.5" IDE has power running with data on the ribbon, if you
reverse the ribbon on accident, you'll run power to the data lines of the
drive and likely kill the drive -- I have a dead 340M IDE drive being
used as a paperweight right now because of that.

Michael J. Graffam (mgraffam@idsi.net)
"Let your life be a counter-friction to stop the machine."
			Henry David Thoreau "Civil Disobedience"