newbie questions

Ok, now that things are running stable, I've got some newbie questions:

1) Where do most of you go for srpm's and alpha specific rpms?

2) How do you tell if a given rpm is for alpha or intel?  (an rpm command?)

3) I'm new to SCSI hardware.  I've now got a SCSI external CDROM connected
to my Multia.  I'm wondering about power on order for the scsi hardware.
I've been turning on the cdrom first then the Multia.  If I forget to turn
on the cdrom and the Multia's already up, what's the best thing to do?
Do I:
	a) Just turn on the cdrom and let the system catchup?
	b) shutdown down the multia and then power the cd and then the multia?

Mike