XFree86 4.0 & Alpha

Hi,
  A number of people have moaned about the fact that XFree 4.0 doesn't
have 3D acceleration working on Alpha yet.

I should say that I bought my Voodoo card and then joined XFree as a
developer and have tried patches and fixed a few problems specifically
relating to Alpha on it.

There are other Alpha people on the XFree development list and are trying
to get this working; but the problem as always is there aren't as many
Alpha people as Intel people and there just aren't the people to test
every combination of card/motherboard etc.

The guys on the XFree development list are nice helpful guys - 3D on Alpha
**will** happen.

Dave
| Dr. David Alan Gilbert | Work:dg@px.uk.com +44-161-286-2000 Ex258|
| Home: dave@treblig.org   http://www.treblig.clara.net            |