FC2 on digital server 3000 (model 3300)

Dialup Jon Norstog thursday at allidaho.com
Thu Dec 2 02:23:34 UTC 2004

Simon Said:

Hi,
I installed FC2 on this machine and the display 'crackles' when I move the
mouse around (as well as some other buggy behaviour).

During Installation
I got the message Xorg-X11-fon-utils6.7.05 missing / cannot be opened;

During bootup

Error: Isp1020 has no error handling

Updating /etc/fstab
Error /etc/updfstab.conf no such file
no mountpoints defined

Has anyone any observations?
Dear Simon & list:

The video is very good on my FC2 install (Xp1000, Oxygen VX1 video card).  You
might want to try recompiling your x-server, or compiling and installing a
known good version of xfree86 from sources.

I get the same msgs:  ISP1020 i think refers to the Qlogic SCSI adapter chip.
I haven't had any problems with my hard drives or the on-board controller.

the missing updfstab.conf file may have some bearing on why my system did not
detect and install the floppy and CDrom drives.  I did that by editing
/etc/fstab and putting up some screen icons.  They seem to work but only root
can mount them!

The 7.2 redHat had its problems too, even though it was a corporate-sponsored
product.  FC2 is a labor of love by a very few dedicated individuals.

If i figure out a workaround on the floppy nd CDrom drive situation I'll share it.

good luck

jn

--
Allidaho LLC (http://www.allidaho.com)