Website about alpha stuff

Helge Kreutzmann kreutzm at itp.uni-hannover.de
Sun Dec 12 14:44:00 UTC 2004

Hello,
On Sun, Dec 12, 2004 at 02:58:44PM +0100, Steven Moix - Axianet.ch wrote:
> all the websites talking about the alpha technology are dead or not updated
> since a long time (http://www.alphalinux.org/ is a good example). So I am

Yep, it is a pitty.

> I have some ideas about the sections I want to put there:
> - An history of the alpha chip
> - A forum to talk and solve problems (a better way than a mailinglist to
> me, it's more "searchable")

Mailinglist are very nicly searchable, while this is usually not the
case for forums, and there is of course usenet (for searchability +
forum)

> - A software section to talk about the different OS, SRM etc...
> - A hardware section to present the different alpha computers/servers

If you'd like some updates in the SRM FAQ, tell me. And you should
talk with Rich Payne <rdp at talisman.alphalinux.org> if you could help
him updating the alphalinux.org-site instead of restarting a new
effort.

Greetings

         Helge

Helge Kreutzmann, Dipl.-Phys.               Helge.Kreutzmann at itp.uni-hannover.de