Alpha Core Directions

Dialup Jon Norstog thursday at allidaho.com
Tue Dec 21 16:51:48 UTC 2004

Dear Mike, & list:

The thing that nees the most work IMO, is the installer.  It is really not at
all clear about formatting a disk so it will boot from SRM.  That goes for
both the text and the graphical installers.

2.  Keep the KDE screensavers, all of 'em.  They're great!

3.  Selecting the "workstation" install option on 7.2 never neeeded the 4th
disk.  Perhaps you could retain that feature, putting the scientific, legacy
code, ham radio, etc. on the 4th disk.  The just leave a note to the effect in
the ISO download "readme" telling most users they won't need but the first 3 ISOs.

4.  KDE and Genome:  we'll never be able to agree on just one desktop.

5.   KDE games.  Keep chess, Xbill and shisen sho.  Does anyone play chromium
or Civilization?

I hope the next AC distro will keep the ability to serve UFS files.

My other suggestion is to take a rest, go to the beach and think about it a
while.  AC as it stands is as good a product as 7.2.  We all appreciate your
work.

jn

--
Allidaho LLC (http://www.allidaho.com)