Alpha Core Directions

Nelson Brito ntbrito at fc.up.pt
Tue Dec 21 23:57:21 UTC 2004

Well to be honest with you, before we started to buy pentium based
machines and use linux on it i was a bit lost with all the Unix flavors
we had at work... some of them i really hate i can tell you (like
HP-UX), and you're not far from true when you claimed that things should
go in a direction of creating a standard for the dists, at least is what
i think.

I can't agree with you when you say that some commands never give you
some kind of feedback. If some error ocurrs you should be adviced, and
as far as i know, with linux, you will.
I beleave OSX is great to use, i never had a Mac, they are very
expensive in Portugal, but i' dlike to try yellow dog in one, you can
get this as a tip for a X-mas present for me :-)

unfortunately i can't convince you that linux is the greatest thing on
earth because i see lots of people  leaving it just for the same reasons
you told... perhaps that's the price we have to pay if we want to use
it. It's still cheap... i think.

regards,
nb

Nelson de Brito