Alpha Core Directions

Maurice Hilarius maurice at harddata.com
Wed Dec 22 09:51:47 UTC 2004

Hi Mike.
 From what i can see the current Alpha Linux users are mainly in two groups:
1) A "hobby" set, as you touched on
2) a fair amount of people are still running Alpha servers and clusters
for scientific computing. they may now be "old" machines, but they still
find them useful, and will not retire them anytime soon.

I think that in general the main focus points for both are:
Modern kernels and updates.
Anything for optimization of performance libraries.