Dead UP2000 CPU?

A. Devine domokun at eircom.net
Wed Dec 22 13:51:34 UTC 2004

Hi All,

Just thought I would post this to the list too as there seems to more
activity than the NG:

When I got the UP2000 going with the UP2000 there were a couple of odd
crashes/no boots (even crashes in SRM). I noticed that the CPU debug LEDs
(all of them) stay on
when it wouldnt post. Didnt happen too often, but that was only 4 days ago.

I moved the CPUs around a bit and now one CPU will not post at all. When its
turned on, one of the CPUs shows the "SROM" LED continiously and the warning
beeps signal 4 times (UG says its because SROM header not found, loading
entire SROM). Nothing happens after this point.

What does the CPU based SROM do? Is it really dead just like that? Anyway of
reloading the CPU SROM?

Matt