Major problems with UP2000 - need help in Firmware

Steven N. Hirsch shirsch at adelphia.net
Thu Dec 30 21:15:17 UTC 2004

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004, Michael Christy wrote:

> It sounds like SRM is in console mode.  Connect to it via the RS232 port
> and you should be able to access the SRM prompt.  I believe the command to
> change it back to graphics mode is 'set console graphics'.  Good Luck.
>

> -Eric Christy
>

> P.S. I also have a UP2000 with a dead cpu.  Do you know where I can get
> a 667MHz cpu cartridge for a reasonable price?

Unfortunately, most vendors price these as if they were made of gold.  I
found a pair of 667Mhz. Slot B CPUs (2MB cache) at Puget Sound Data
Systems last year.  They were nice folks to deal with, and were even able
to supply a pair of mounting kits (aka "goalposts").

They do pop up on ebay once in a great while.

Steve