Major problems with UP2000 - need help in Firmware

A. Devine domokun at eircom.net
Fri Dec 31 17:39:58 UTC 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: Maurice Hilarius
To: Linux and Red Hat on Alpha processors
Sent: Friday, December 31, 2004 9:38 AM
Subject: Re: Major problems with UP2000 - need help in Firmware

Try this also:
Power up and immediately start tapping the space bar or return key.
Often this will help it detect the keyboard.

----
Michael Christy wrote:
It sounds like SRM is in console mode.  Connect to it via the RS232 port
and you should be able to access the SRM prompt.  I believe the command to
change it back to graphics mode is 'set console graphics'.  Good Luck.
-Eric Christy

Ive tried hitting space and Return to no avail. Ive now got a Serial cable
connected on the UP2000's COMM1 to a PC (Windows Im afraid). In
Hyperterminal (on the Windows PC) I get no response when connecting to COMM1
or awaiting Connection. Does the Cable have to be flipped (ie a Null Modem
cable?)

thanks again,

Alan