Digital PWS433au + Matrox G450 PCI

Jay Estabrook jay.estabrook at hp.com
Tue Oct 5 18:13:35 UTC 2004

On Tue, Oct 05, 2004 at 01:58:24PM +0200, Vakvarju wrote:

> Does anyone use the above configuration? Is it worth to purchase such a
> VGA card for my Miata? Actually I got a Matrox Millenium MGA-2064W-R3
> with 8 MB RAM in it.

What are you trying to accomplish by replacing the Matrox Millennium I?

If you are thinking to run 3D applications, you'd be nmuch better off
getting an ATI Radeon of some flavor, preferably 7500 or 9100, though
the PCI versions are definitely harder to find.

If you're thinking that the G450 will be much faster than the Mill I,
you're probably right, but the difference won't be large, IMHO.

 --Jay++

Jay A Estabrook                            HPTC - LINUX support
Hewlett-Packard Company - ZKO2-3/N30       (603) 884-0301
110 Spit Brook Road, Nashua NH 03062       Jay.Estabrook at hp.com