Radeon pci problems on UP2000

Michael Christy christy at jlab.org
Sat Oct 9 17:17:39 UTC 2004

Dear axp-list

For the last month or two I have been struggling to get a radeon pci
working in UP2000.  I have tried both a first generation SDR radeon and a
7500 with no success.  I have tried every possible permutation of pci
slots on both hoses and have never been able to get a video signal from
bios emulation.  In addition I have not been able to get one working as a
2nd head.  Doing a 'cat /proc/pci' shows no less than 30 instances of the
card with different device #s.  Anybody else run into this?

-Eric

Eric Christy                     phone  (757) 727-5823 HU
Assistant Professor                     (757) 269-5327 JLab
Physics Department
Hampton University
Hampton, VA 23668