Linux problems galore.

Jeff A. jeff.abell at intnlsoftwareproducts.com
Tue Oct 12 21:56:57 UTC 2004

It's got nothing to do with the SCSI card.  Same shiznit with IDE or SCSI.
Here's all the things I've had in the box that I can remember off hand...

Various WD IDE drives.
Samsung DVD drive (works like a charm... when things work)
Millennium 1's/2's (fantastic)
Mystique (slightly less than fantastic because there is no NT driver, still
SOG is available in Linux)
ATI Mach 64's and Rage II's/Pro's (All-in-Wonder Pro doesn't work, SuSE
doesn't like them very much in general)
GF4MX (doesn't work with MILO, and works up until the mode switch with SuSE
install from SRM)
Savage IX PCI card... nothing happens with SRM heh.
Some other useless cards like VIRGE stuff.
2940UW - No go.  MILO stops.  Didn't bother with SRM.
Some Qlogic 1080s that don't seem to work with ANYTHING - they whine about
termination and IRQs.
LSI LVD/SE card (currently using with Linux today.  It's happy, but NT no
have drivah)
Znyx 314 (fine with Linux, not so fine with NT - only one port works on NT,
as has always been the case even in Intel configs)
Sound Blaster Vibra 16s (works perfectly with SuSE when you set PnP off, but
NT you have to run 8-bit instead of 16-bit.  Always the case with NT.)
ESS somethingorother (I don't remember what happened... not much)
ISA Etherlink III card - all smiles.
Some 10/100 Etherlink cards that were happy.
Some Dlink 530's that were happy with linux.
Gnet 8169-based network card, happy with linux.
Zoltrix TV card (puked Linux, same with Hauppage WinTV.)
Various shtix of RAM... up to 4x128's.
(Cicero?  Pine?) USB 2.0 card that worked lovely with SuSE.

All that SuSE was 8.1...  I've had it running, done some web browsing, MP3
playing, tried to compile xine before and it failed a million times.

As well, the setup for Mandrake 7.1 halts at some missing file or line
message which makes no sense.  Thanks, Mandrake!

This really, really sucks.