KZPEA bios?

Dialup Jon Norstog thursday at allidaho.com
Mon Oct 25 15:06:13 UTC 2004

To the list:

I recently eBayed an Adaptec 39160 scsi card, having read ion Hideki Goto's
page that it was "close enough" to the KZPEA to be recognized as such by the
XP1000 and some other newer boxes.

On my XP1000, he one I got is recognized by SRM and AlphaBios as an Adaptec,
not the KZ.  I got my late-model PWS to recognize the card in a 64-bit slot as
well, but it did not read a brand name off the bios.  (On an early-model PWS
SRM refused to load because of the "illegal device" on the bus)   In both
cases the "recognition" was in "show config."   The card nor the drive
attached to it did not show in "show device."  Under AlphaBios, the device and
attached drives did show up and were accessible.

The Adaptec came with the 2.57 bios and an "S" code, which Adaptec' manual
says indicates it was a proprietary card.  I flashed with the 3.10 bios, which
took out the proprietary code.  This however has not helped things on the XP.

Is there a Compaq BIOS for the KZPEA, and if so how can I get it?

jon norstog

--
Allidaho LLC (http://www.allidaho.com)