AC-0.9 Testing Results (was: Re: Alpha Core ISO Images)

Stephen Lewis lewis at napanet.net
Fri Oct 29 17:28:15 UTC 2004

Geerten wrote:
> For me Alt-F2 wouldn't work, even after I switched to a VT320.
>I don't think you can switch screens on a serial connection.

You are probably right maybe no virtual consoles - so you really do need a button
on the screen like RH 7.2 installer has beside the "druid" button.

> As long as disk druid doesn't handle this better we definitely still need fdisk.
>It's quite infuriating to have DD tell you you've done something wrong, when (A)
>actually he is the one who made the mistake, and (B) all your attempts to rectify
>it are frustrated by that very same program's "cleverness".

Agree - I tried several thing to trick it into doing the "right thing" but no avail.
Druid sometimes told me my 'fdisk' generated label was unreadable.

> from SRM:

Aha! Didn't know you could concatenate numeric args with "real" args, I thought it was
one or the other, that will save me a lot of typing :-) thanks,

> Groeten,
> Geerten.

Stephen Lewis