AlphaCore 1.0 torrent/mirror available

Maurice Hilarius maurice at harddata.com
Wed May 11 03:48:22 UTC 2005

Hoover, Tony wrote:

>I not only accept that policy, but support it.  Web browsing, FTP transfers,
>video conferencing, etc. all run much better when students in the dorms
>aren't saturating our I1 and I2 bandwidth with music/movie downloads.  Also
>our RIAA/MPAA/DMCA takedown notices have dropped to almost nil.

 From a pragmatic point of view I suppose it has attractions, as you stated.
But P2P is also the most effective way to distribute large files, in a
legitimate use and fashion.

If students were trading songs on ftp servers would you also advocate
disabling ftp services campus wide as well?
How about HTML? Email?
Because that is being used, I can assure you.

Once you open that box it is hard to close.

With our best regards,

Maurice W. Hilarius        Telephone: 01-780-456-9771
Hard Data Ltd.  FAX:       01-780-456-9772
11060 - 166 Avenue         email:maurice at harddata.com
Edmonton, AB, Canada       http://www.harddata.com/
   T5X 1Y3

This email, message, and content, should be considered confidential,
and is the copyrighted property of Hard Data Ltd., unless stated otherwise.