[Fwd: Re: Qlogic 1280 driver blues]

Jay Estabrook Jay.Estabrook at hp.com
Fri Mar 24 23:00:28 UTC 2006

On Fri, Mar 24, 2006 at 04:56:43PM -0600, Dialup Jon Norstog wrote:

> There seem to be a lot of people who have got things working, so maybe going
> back to an IDE CDrom (one that works, this time) will do the trick.  If not I
> have an adaptec 39160, that more-or-less shows up on SRM.

The qlogicisp driver ALWAYS had trouble with termination and/or CDROM on
the same cable as HDDs.

The new driver IS better, but there may still be quirks with bad
termination and/or CDROM plus HDD.

Sometimes its not possible to hook up an IDE CDROM (eg AS500 has no
IDE), but another work-around is to put SCSI CDROM and HDD on separate
cables/controllers.

Good luck.

 --Jay++

Jay A Estabrook                            HPTC - XC I & B
Hewlett-Packard Company - ZKO1-3/D-B.8     (603) 884-0301
110 Spit Brook Road, Nashua NH 03062       Jay.Estabrook at hp.com