w2k alpha

Alexander Huemer alexander.huemer at sbg.ac.at
Thu Jan 8 13:41:31 UTC 2009

Oliver Falk wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Vesselin Kenashkov wrote:
>> I have only b2031 which I thought was the last one for alpha, but
>> obviously not.
>> I'm interested in any one of the most recent builds.
>>
>> On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 10:32 PM, Alexander Huemer
>> <alexander.huemer at sbg.ac.at <mailto:alexander.huemer at sbg.ac.at>> wrote:
>>
>>     i have the following versions:
>>
>>     microsoft windows 2000 professional    build 2000 (original msdn cd)
>>     microsoft windows 2000 server          build 2031
>>     microsoft windows 2000 advanced server build 2031
>>     microsoft windows 2000 professional    build 2072
>>     microsoft windows 2000 advanced server build 2072
>>     microsoft windows 2000 professional    build 2128
>>
>>     i am willing to provide iso's if anyone is interested.
>>     who has a build i don't have?
>
> So what's the truth now? Do they expire or not? Not that I'm planning
> to  actually *really* use it, but reinstalling it all the time doesn't
> make much sense as well :-) Having a spare disk with an installation
> Windows for Alpha at hand sounds good. I've seen some tools that work
> on Alpha-Windows that I'd like to give a try...
>
> Best,
>  oliver

to be honest, i don't remember if they expire.
i used these things a very long time ago, but afair i had no problems.
i remember a tool named tweakNT that worked on the w2k/alpha too to get
rid of timebombs.
maybe setting some crazy date initially does the trick too, i don't know.

--
kind regards
alex