Secondary architectures and marketing

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski D.Mierzejewski at icm.edu.pl
Fri Jan 9 14:56:53 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 08, 2009 at 11:52:16AM -0700, Dialup Jon Norstog wrote:
> Matt, & list:
>
> I have Fedora 9 running on a PC and have had enough experience to find a few
> things about it that rile me.  Worst and most prominent is you have to hack
> the installation in order to log on as root. You can YUM up the codecs etc. to
> play DVDs but they don't work

Huh? What exactly doesn't work? All your multimedia needs should be satisfied
by RPMFusion.

> and Fedora, Inc.

Fedora isn't an incorporated company.

> isn't about to help you fix that.
> It is short of the libs you need for Grass and Qgis  GIS,

Are these proprietary binary-only apps? Which libraries are missing?

> and it hasn't worked with a source-built Qcad since about FC1.

Do you have a detailed problem description on that? Have you reported
this issue to Qcad developers?

> Other things:  changes in KDE - I like the CDE desktop theme. It's gone.

Have you filed a bug report about this regression? Maybe the CDE theme
didn't have a maintainer and was thus dropped. Are you willing to maintain
it?

> I like having a different background for each screen.  That's gone.

Bug report link?

> I was just getting used to the Evolution email client.  That's gone.

That's a lie.

> Rant, rant.

Yeah, that was easy. What seems to be hard is doing something about it.
Why don't you try some constructive approach for a change?

Regards,
R.

--
Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <rathann*at*icm.edu.pl>  |  LAN  Staff
Interdisciplinary Centre for Mathematical and Computational Modelling