Trying to gauge usage of a possible AlphaLinux.org Forum

Matt Turner mattst88 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 22:01:19 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 4:54 PM, Maurice Hilarius <maurice at harddata.com> wrote:
> Matt Turner wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> So it looks like most people who use mailing lists would rather use
> existing mailing lists than forums. Surprise. :)
>
> I wonder how many people I'm not reaching?
>
> Maybe the thing to do is to put more emphasis on comp.os.linux.alpha?
> It can be read as a mailing list and also as a forum (through Google
> Groups). How would this be?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matt
>

> OK.
> But:
> I am still wondering what we would gain from this??

Hopefully a larger community. As I mentioned previously, there were
many users on the AlphaCore forums who are not subscribed to any of
the relevant mailing lists. I don't know if this is because they don't
know about the mailing lists or have an aversion to them, but I'd
certainly like to have them involved in the community regardless.

Thanks,

Matt