AW: Re: Secondary architectures and marketing

Oliver Falk oliver at linux-kernel.at
Tue Jan 27 20:09:21 UTC 2009

Matt,

When we had alphacore.info forum, there where a lot of users. I'm afraid, I think they don't use the same channels (mail, IRC) as we do...

It's much more than experimental!
It's stable, except a few things maybe. But things that are not stable aren't stable in Debian or Gentoo as well.

I don't know how much you know about the ld bug that breaks (eg.) elfutils testsuite.

There are also a lot of glibc and gcc tests that fail... I'd wonder if this is different in Debian or Gentoo!

Not enogh man-power. Yes. To test each and and of those x thousand packages in Fedora. Also, not enough to fix *all* of the not working packages - although I and Jay try to do our best (xulrunner, java, ghc, ...). Not to mention the *basic* pkgs: glibcgcc, kernel, elfutils, ...

-of
-of