still someone here ?

Davis Johnson davis at frizzen.com
Tue Apr 7 23:10:32 UTC 2015

On 4/7/2015 3:46 PM, Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:
> Both components keep being actively maintained as far as the Alpha
> port is concerned, often by the same people, although at the hobbyist
> rather than commercial level of course. That in particular means the
> usual quality standards have to be met, however fewer resources are
> available and it often takes more time for things to propagate or for
> regressions to be addressed.
That is good to hear. I stopped paying quite so close attention back
when there was discussion of dropping support for EV4 & EV45, which
covers all my Alphas. The AS500 still gets fired up to check the
portability of application source.

Did anybody ever get a patch for that weird PCMCIA bridge mucking up DMA
on the Alphabook? Rumor has it that a patch existed for older kernels
but I never found it...