FC4 installation hangs

Osvaldo La Rosa blinuxman at tuxfamily.org
Mon Jun 27 09:10:15 UTC 2005

Hello,

I'm on an old Pentium 200MMX with an old hardware braille dispaly
Tieman Octobraille who reads via its slotcard from a 16-bit old
Trident SVGA8900C video card.

I burned yesterday the 4 fedora Core 4 CDs + the Rescue one,

and I'm trying to boot as follow:

as soon as I hear the CD being booted I enter:
 linux text no-scroll video=vga16:off askmethod speakup_synth=dtlk <ENTER>

I see passing hardware detections hda hdd etc, until a Run.....
then it stops,

and no alt+f2 or so who may help,
nor DASH or ENTER

Only 2x ctrl+alt+del or PC-reset help.

Should it be necessary to burn the Braillified CD even if I don't need
brltty here?
Or am I dumped in a framebuffer as long as I don't disable splash or
hardware detection/other?

(Its my first time I try Fedora: I hope it runs on old pcs).

Aldo.